I swear, this kind of anti-intellectualism is the same attitude that discourages eating quality foods, taking part in physical fitness, and expanding your mind through literature, history and travel.
Insinuating that the “plunger” in a French Press, which plunges downward through the coffee, is equated to a toilet plunger is just irresponsible advertising. If you seriously can’t promote your product without potty humor, you need to fire your entire marketing staff.
This whole ad is insulting towards anyone who consumes coffee in any method of than mass-produced, stale, cans of coffee grinds brewed in a cheap drip coffee machine.
Espresso fans? Pour-over drinkers? Cold brewers? You’re all elitist jerks, apparently.
Screw you, Maxwell House. I’ve never bought your products, and this ad ensures that I never will.
For those of you that knew me before I lived in Moncton, I was always a fit person, and was a total gym junkie (when I lived in Fredericton.)
But life has a tendency to throw the random perfect storm of events our way which can alter our path. It did for me. So much so that I went from a lean 215 to a heavy 300 pounds in less that a few years.
Well I’m proud to say that today I hopped on the scale, and to date I’ve lost a total of 53 lbs and am becoming the gym junkie again. :)
At 215-ish (actually think I was 207 in this pic). This was taken years ago (PS: That’s Aldo in the middle, the owner of Aldo Shoes)
At 300 lbs in 2011.
New photo of recent progress coming soon!
There are some big lessons I’ve learned throughout this journey.
- It’s not the destination that matters, but the journey itself. And the journey is never over.
- Failing throughout the weight loss process is a sign of progress, not defeat.
- Your mindset is the biggest factor when losing the weight. Change your mindset and you will change your outcome.
- It’s the sum of your consistent efforts that lead to success.
- Experiment. Try different foods to see the effect on your body.
- Your friends really do care. Thanks to Sean, Kevin, Jesse, Shane, Seb, Lenny, John and Kimberly, and all of you on Facebook for listening to my updates and continuous rants.
For anyone looking to lose weight, feel free to reach out to me. I’d love to share my experiences of what has and hasn’t worked so far. I’m certainly not finished, but any help I can offer I will do freely and willingly!
God is not made in our image. We are made in His. And if we are His workmanship, then we can’t really discover much about ourselves unless we first know Him.
Micro homes, or tiny houses, are becoming more appealing as affordable housing options are less and less abundant in cities with overcrowded populations. This increasing density issue will be a topic of conversation in a book I’m co-authoring late this Fall on the future of cities, but until then the focus is on micro homes as a possible answer to this increasing lack of space.